Monday 11 February 2013

soda bread







i awoke this morning to the aroma of baking.
freshly baked bread was on the menu.
a rustic loaf of Hugh's soda bread handmade by the fiance.
to become a daily ritual. a delicious one at that.
enjoyed warm with butter and a dollop of jam.


sift 500g flour (any type you please), 2 teaspoons bi-carb soda and a teaspoon of salt into a large mixing bowl. (add a handful of seeds for a seeded loaf). add 400ml of natural yoghurt (or buttermilk). bring together with your hands. turn sticky dough onto a floured surface and gently shape into a ball. transfer onto a lined and flour dusted baking tray. score the surface, add a sprinkle of oats and bake at 200 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. I cant go past a bread post Zara...this looks amazing, I love the sprinkle of oats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this bread does look amazing - must try it soon. I've got a leave pass from the family in March to do a sourdough course down in Melbourne - can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the best kind of fiancé! What a lovely thing to wake up too.
    Looks delicious but might have to wait till the week end around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that looks delicious, i haven't had soda bread in ages x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bread, and freshly baked is always the best. Will definately give this a go xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soda bread - straight from the oven and served warm. Yours looks delicious.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I have this in the oven now. It's browning up pretty fast. I hope it turns out as lovely as your Mr's. Thanks for sharing Zara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!
    I am going to try this!
    Any bread that I don't need to kneed is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum...that's certainly a daily ritual I could get used to!
    im a bit scared of making bread but I might just try this one.
    Al x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh YUM! I'm going to have to try this some time....I'm always looking for new bread recipes to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my .....that bread looks amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x