little vignettes from around the house.
yesterday was inspection day so a good excuse to change around the decor (and give all those surfaces a good dust).
with all the op-shopping and collecting there are very few bare shelves, tables or cupboard tops here.
but i like it that way. i love being able to display pieces, to change them around as the desire strikes. to make new vignettes with new favourite pieces as a starting point.
for me the most aesthetically appealing vignettes feature:
- objects of differing heights
- a natural element: a vase of flowers or a sprig of herbs, foliage, a birds nest
- an uneven number of pieces
- layered objects for interest and depth
- a variety of textures
- connection: a theme: floral, kitchen, colour
think outside the box when putting your shelf/table/desk/cupboard top display together:
- jars full of feathers, seed pods or buttons
- prints, magazine images, postcards and washi tape
- trays and plates
- twine, ribbon and string
- teacups and milk jugs as vases
- favourite books (stacked to create height & a platform for another object)
- framed artwork and photos
do you have a favourite vignette in your home? did the objects just 'come' together when grouped?