Monday 1 October 2012

Christmas Swap



I've just signed up for the Advent Swap over at the newly discovered Catalina's Cottage. I was only just thinking the other day about Christmas crafting and gifting ideas and that if anyone is to get anything handmade this year I'd better get a wriggle on and get going.

This swap involves sending your swap buddy 24 little gifts to open in the days leading up to Christmas and one bigger gift to unwrap come Christmas morning. The presents can be bought, made and thrifted.
The possibilities are really endless- edible treats, op-shopped finds to add to your swap partners collections, tree ornaments, books and magazines, crafting supplies and bathroom goodies.
I'm thinking bunting, seeds for the garden, felt garlands, thrifted silver cutlery, coasters, handmade soaps, nougat, rocky road, button Christmas tree ornaments, a Christmas stocking and cookie cutters.
 
 
 
 
Open to Australian and NZ residents; you have until October 9 to sign up. You'll be assigned your swap partner on October 16 and have 'til November 20 to create, buy and thrift your gifts to send off.
 
 
The more the merrier, so sign up here.
 

5 comments:

  1. It's sounds like SO much fun! I am just contemplating whether or not to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past week I too was thinking about Christmas and the handmade items I would like create for family & friends....time to get creating. I love the Christmas swap idea, about to have a little look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this sounds fun...I think you may have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I just went to sign up and it closed today. Oh well have fun with the swap. Hope you get some lovely treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i am joining in too!! So looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x