Sunday, 9 March 2014
1. fabric covered buttons.. vintage sheets, a tea towel and a tablecloth
2. i did a bit of rearranging/swapping of furniture and vignettes this week
3. the swap goodies I received from Kimberley for the 'share your country swap'
4. a new Johnson design that I hadn't seen before
5. the vegie garden is powering along
6. this balloon floated by
Thursday, 6 March 2014
autumn also means boots, tights, a cardigan and a light scarf too.
with the stack of op-shopped doilies slowly growing I decided to make an infinity scarf. it's basically just a collection of doilies and small linens stitched together end to end to create a loop.
1. select a number of doilies/linen handkerchiefs/place mats.
2. decide on their layout. my scarf is about 2m in length, so select enough linens to reach about this length
3. stitch each one to the next to create a 2m length then stitch the 2 ends together to create a loop.
and that's it. simply double over and wear with your favourite cardi, and maybe a pretty brooch too.
brooch: handmade by the lovely Melinda.
Sunday, 2 March 2014
1. kitchen pretties
2. op-shopped Bessemer ware
3. it's been a drying-washing-inside kind of week. the rain has been lovely though
4. hot chocolates. this was a treat I received in my swap gift from Lisa
5. 'tillie' snuggling in a suitcase
6. pretty light
7. two new op-shopped pillow cases
8. the view from our Sunday afternoon stroll
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
I've had these tags sitting on my sewing desk for some time. and just this week i had a little pop of inspiration to make them into a garland.
I went through my pinterest board of favourite quotes and sayings and typed them onto the tags using my trusty little typewriter. I then added some embellishments.. stitching on doilies and vintage sheets; and then adding a splash of watercolours too.
I then threaded them on a length of twine and with a couple of pieces of washi tape I was done.
have you been crafting of late? baking, sewing maybe?
Sunday, 23 February 2014
1. a favourite spot in the hallway
2. floral bedding
3. a little bit of crafting that I will share this week
4. a garage sale find.. a $10 concrete pot. two's nearly a collection right? I thought of you kylie when I spotted it.
5. grow butternut, grow
6. one lone sunflower
Tuesday, 18 February 2014
valentines day meant a lovely little lunch date with my love and the perfect excuse for a new dress. so i chose a pattern, cut up a vintage sheet and got sewing.
vintage sheet dress: made by me
leather belt: op-shopped
shoes: jelly bean sandals
bracelets: a new purchase from perch & pantry. they are beautifully hand crafted and ethically made.
Sunday, 16 February 2014
1. beautiful rain and the garden is thriving. this one little bed contains capsicum, rhubarb, zucchini, celery, pumpkins, melons, tomatoes and a border of marigolds
2. starting the winter plantings with silverbeet and spinach seeds
3. enjoying this delicious gluten-free pasta
4. sewing for a swap
5. this week we went for a little drive to moss vale
6. valentines day photos with my love