Sunday, 20 April 2014
1. yesterday we pulled up the last of the summer veg patch. today all the green tomatoes became pickles
2. this sweet little plastic bag bag was handmade by the lovely Deb as part of the vintage recipe swap
3. on my bedside table
4. jewels and hair accessories in milk glass
5. nearly finished making another dress. this one is autumnal hues
6. op-shopped cross-stitched tablecloth
7. kitty paw
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
another wearing post.
you'd be right if you thought you'd seen this dress before, I shared it with you at the end of 2013. Gosh I cant believe that was nearly 4 months ago. the year is just flying on by.
this time I styled it a little differently and paired it with my latest purchase, a pair of Lotta from Stockholm clogs. I had been admiring these lovely little clogs for months and decided to treat myself to not one but two pairs.
and in keeping with my ethical clothing pledge these shoes are constructed from sustainably sourced and produced materials.
dress: handmade from a vintage sheet
clogs: Lotta from Stockholm
earrings: swap meet
Sunday, 13 April 2014
1. table top vignette
2. earring posts attached
3. a little treat for myself
4. pretty afternoon shadows
5. today the sun was shining. so that meant drying weather
6. this afternoon we harvested the butternut crop
7. & 8. more harvesting
Tuesday, 8 April 2014
a selection of my latest op-shopped finds...
a little milk glass jug from last weekends swap meet ($5)
milk glass planter ($2). the perfect size for a pot plant
another pair of vintage earrings ready to be changed to post backings ($4)
floral sheet ($2)
and this silk Ken Done scarf ($2)
have you thrifted any goodies of late?
Sunday, 6 April 2014
1. & 2. my loves 24th birthday was celebrated this week. carrot cake was requested (the same as last year)
3. & 4. birthday gifts. wall hanging from my bearded pigeon and cockatoo print from studio cockatoo
5. a copy of 'local is lovely' arrived in the mail this week
6. more birthday gifts
Friday, 4 April 2014
this week has been a busy one. usual work on Monday and Tuesday. drive to Sydney on Tuesday evening. training day Wednesday. drive back home. then today drive to Canberra for work.
so with a day off on Thursday we travelled to the delightful little town of Crookwell. there was a visit to the one little op-shop which saw us leave with a suitcase to add the collection, a floral sheet and milk glass. a café for lunch and coffee. then home again with a little stop-off to take some snaps at a viewing spot for the wind turbines by the roadside. it's so green and picturesque at the moment.
jeans: trusty jeanswest. they'd be getting close to 5 years old now and still going strong
shirt: gap. op-shopped
shoes: wardrobe staple
leather belt and satchel: op-shopped
Monday, 31 March 2014
1. birthday gift wrapping for my love
2. where there's an open suitcase there's usually a cat at the ready to curl up in it
3. Country Style reading. I think my favourite issue this year
4. beautiful rain
5. bunting and leaves started to change to hues of orange and yellow
sorry I'm a day late with my weekly stills. yesterday was spent relaxing after a busy week and cake baking.