Wednesday 11 January 2012

Mid-week Baking

With the packing and cleaning in full swing a bit of a sweet treat was in order.  
This recipe is great for using up a few of those over ripe bananas congregating in the fruit bowl. I've adapted it from bestrecipes.com.au  and it goes something like this...


Self-Saucing Banana Pudding
 
1 ½ cups SR flour (I used wholemeal SR this time)
1 tsp bicarb soda
½ cup sugar
3-4 bananas, mashed
½ cup oil
2 eggs

Sauce
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1/3 cup golden syrup
2 cups boiling water


Preheat oven to 180°C.

Sift flour and bicarb soda into a deep 2-3 litre casserole dish. Add sugar.

In a separate bowl mash the bananas with the oil and the eggs.

Add the banana mix to the flour and mix until well combined.

Combine brown sugar, golden syrup and boiling water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for one minute and stir to fully dissolve the sugar.

Pour syrup over the back of a spoon onto the batter mixture.

Bake for 50-60 minutes.
May be eaten hot or cold, especially good with ice-cream.




8 comments:

  1. That looks delish! I might have to give this a go one day soon. I hate banana's on there own but I love banana flavoured things. Yes I'm a weirdo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm-that one's going in the book. Love that it's mixed and cooked in one bowl! That's some nice bunting in your header. I have one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy you tease, pity we are sugar free at the moment. Might have to save this for a blowout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I always gravitate to the chocolate pudding so this would be a great change. I think I'll try it. Isn't it great that bananas are affordable again.

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, might have to try this one, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey I forgot to mention that I also gave your blog an award, if you want to pop on over and check out the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh deliciousness. I love the sound of this x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH.MY.GOD. You had me at self-saucing. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x