Sunday 7 August 2011

This weeks Treasures

This 33 year old tea towel, I think that's doing pretty well in tea towel years (50c).


Apple peeler, corer, slicer ($5). Makes easy work of preparing apples for apple pie. It cuts the apples, making them into a single long spiral.


And yesterday's purchases included this little dressmakers square ($1).

And while in town yesterday I just couldn't resist a quick visit into a cute kitchenware shop. And was once again tempted by the colourful KitchenAid mixers.

Gosh, all those colours...which one to choose. And all those extra attachments- the ice-cream maker, pasta making attachment, and the new pasta press..homemade macaroni sure does look tempting.
Any recommendations out there, do you get much use from your KitchenAid, any issues? I'd love to hear :).

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I love my Kitchenaid! Mine is just boring white but it is so awesome!!!And you will love the apple peeler! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that sweet tea towel x What a find !

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute teatowel. The peeler is GREAT. My children LOVE their apple slinkys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute teatowel!

    There are so many pretty colours for the kitchen aid I would never be able to make up my mind!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute teatowel.
    We love our apple slinky, it gets used almost daily :)
    I don't have a kitchenmaid but have been eyeing them for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found an apple slinky at Vinnies for $5 too, the kids love it. I have the silver Kitchenaid and I use it ALL the time, mainly for baking but I'm tempted to buy the pasta attachment. The dough hook is great for home made pizzas too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though my kitchenaid is not a pretty colour (it's white) I use it all the time, it's wonderful and I might be just a little bit in love with it...buy one if you can - you won't regret it.
    Lovely tea towel too.
    BTW I am your kitchen swap partner...any hints on things you'd love for your kitchen, please let me know x

    p.s. anything except a kitchenaid ie. ha-ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tea towel does look marvelous for its age. And you will love the apple peeler/slicer. I have one and it is so handy.

    I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer; mine is the old boring white, but I still love her. Mostly I use it for baking. I leave mine on the counter so it is easier to access.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my red kitchenaid mixer. One of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm really hoping that someday, I'll be able to pass it down to my daughter or a future granddaughter. It's just that kind of machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love our Ice Kitchenaid! We don't have any of the attachments but use it for baking. It usually gets used 2-3 times a week. It is such a quiet and powerful machine.

    We previously had a Sunbeam Professional which had a similar sized motor but only lasted for 3 years before burning out.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x