Saturday 22 March 2014

around here.












work tiredness has got me again this week, and blogging has slid back a bit. my week has been pretty good though and the extra pocket money has come at a perfect time with a few unexpected expenses popping up.

first up a sweet, packed full of flavour capsicum. this one went into fried rice and in the background fresh basil from the garden combined with cashews for a quick, easy pesto.

I have received some beautiful mail this week which has been a welcome surprise upon returning home from a day at work. firstly a copy of Pip magazine. you may remember I did a post about supporting pozible campaigns back here, well this permaculture magazine is the result. it's filled with articles on designing and building a greenhouse, medicinal herbs perfect for the upcoming cold and flu season and starting a food forest.
also in the letter box this week are these beautiful hand printed fabrics from another successful pozible campaign: Fictive Fingers.

yesterday I popped into my local oppies and found a few treasures. more doilies which a destined to become bunting and maybe some pockets on a winter dress; a little Johnson jug for $1 and this delightful little case. which when opened revealed a Nally ware picnic set ($5).

today i'll be in front of the sewing machine finishing a dress to wear to a fundraising ball I'm attending tonight. the fabric I'm using is new but all my accessories are op-shopped so I will be sure to share a few snaps with you.

wishing you a relaxed weekend. x

12 comments:

  1. O.M.G.....the Nally set is fantastic.....a great find Zara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picnic set is out of this world!

    Hope you find sometime to recharge this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabric swatches are so lovely! I love how you can make things from pre loved materials. That way they stay 'loved' for much longer :) Please show us your dress when it's done!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are always lovely. Enjoy your evening can't wait to see your dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the magazine. I'm off to check it out. Thanks Zara. Love your doilies too and I look forward to seeing your dress. Have a great night. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you show us a picture of your dress Zara. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it all. cnnot wait to hit the Bendigo op shops on May... would love a piece of Johnson crockery. Gorgeous doilies too. Hav e fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Nallyware set. Fantastic find! Thanks again for the gorgeous dream catcher....it's hanging above our bed. We devoured the chocolates pretty quick too! I hope you have a refreshing weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun at the ball Zara, can't wait to see the frock. Love all your oppie finds. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Nallyware picnic set. What a bargain, too.
    Enjoy the fundraising Ball - can't wait to see the photos of your dress.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics again Zara - love the picnic set and I should get my hands on the permaculture magazine although I'm not having much luck growing anything here - between the kids, possums and bush turkeys my little patch is looking very sad indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are beautiful! That sweet pepper looks delicious and all the things you found while you were out are great, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x