Wednesday 26 March 2014

a fuchsia dress for the ball





Saturday night was a rare night out. I was invited to attend a ball, a Rainbow Ball which was a fundraising event for the Stillbirth Foundation of Australia and Heartfelt.
The story of Heartfelt really touched me, learning that this photography service is available to families at such an emotional time to capture those precious moments together.
I made a dress for the occasion. the fabric is a new purchase, but I styled it with vintage, op-shopped accessories. a sparkly necklace and earrings and a glow mesh purse. the earrings were originally screw-backed but with the advice of the lovely Christina I was able to convert them to post backs.
the evening was lovely. I got to meet some beautiful ladies and the night raised several thousand dollars for such important organisations.

14 comments:

  1. Well done Zara, you look gorgeous!!! Love your dress and accessories. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour on you Zara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful - a such a great cause

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been the belle of the ball xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful dress worn for a very worth cause too close to my heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress Zara. The colour looks great on you. I envy your sewing skills :)
    What a great opportunity to have a lovely night out while supporting a great cause. I bet there were some lovely, and colourful, outfits at the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is beautiful and it looks really nice on you. That's a good color for you to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Zara, love your accessories x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like a million bucks Zara!
    Hot pink really suits you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fab in your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress! Beautiful colour on you Zara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a clever sewer! No Cinders to be seen when you were off to that ball!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you gorgeous! Woo-woo!

    I'm a bit slow, and catching up on blog reading. So glad I could be of assistance in converting those earrings in to something wearable and lovable again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x