now i love getting to know more about my favourite bloggers through reading their posts.. so i thought i'd share 10 little things about me.
1. i dream of one day living on a little farm and opening a bed and breakfast/café/cooking school/homemade crafts business/local produce shop. all while raising a few kids and living as self-sufficiently as possible. i shall be busy.
2. after studying for three years to achieve a Bachelor of Nursing, my first year out was a bit of a shock to the system and had me questioning if i'd wasted my time at Uni - full-time shift work and some less than supportive colleagues and patients relatives. a change this year to working in a medical centre and i'm really enjoying this area of nursing and am glad I stuck it out for that first year.
3. i'm intrigued by permaculture. it all started back in 2008 when I completed certificate 4 in agriculture and was introduced to the topic. the whole concept is just amazing.
4. my first job was at a dairy farm milking cows. i loved it- being outdoors, getting to now each cows personality (yes they do have funny personalities and certain cows are first in the bails and some last every single milking), and having the middle part of each day between morning and evening milking to do whatever.
5. i love cooking and baking- pizzas, date loaf, banana cake, fried rice, pies, soup, roast dinners, Anzac biscuits, melting moments, choc self saucing pudding & brownies.
6. my favourite season is winter and my birthday falls right near the middle of this season. living in the Southern Tablelands I get to experience real winters too (compared to the mild coastal ones that i grew up with). i love the baking, the rugging up in layers, wearing boots and the frosty mornings.
7. my other half and i have been together since 2007. Darron was my first boyfriend and i was his first girlfriend. he proposed in 2010. there's no wedding date set as yet.
8. i'm a fairly shy person. i tend to stand back and let others do the talking. but once i get to know you i'm fairly chatty, and talk about whatever comes to mind.
9. i've always been into creative stuff. i learnt quilling with my great grandma. & did pottery lessons for a while (which i'd love to get back into one day). now i'm more into sewing cushions and bunting & a spot of watercolour painting.
10. i have a fair few collections- silver cutlery, Johnson plates, tea towels, vintage floral sheets, woollen blankets, suitcases, Pyrex dishes, milk glass & Little Golden Books.
do you have 10 little things that you'd like to share?