Friday 22 July 2011

Favourites Friday Recipe

After coming down with a cold this week (which luckily only lasted a couple of days) and with all the delicious homegrown citrus around at the moment and all that Vitamin C awaiting, the research began for recipes.
I spied this one on Gooseberry Jam for Homemade Lemon Syrup and decided to give it a go. And yes it turned out very well indeed and I'm about to make a second batch this arvo.

Homemade Lemon Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 cup of lemon juice
Rind, from 1 lemon

Place water, sugar and lemon rind, which has been peeled from the lemon with a vegie peeler, into a saucepan.
Boil for 5 minutes, then add the lemon juice.
Allow to cool, strain and pour into bottles. (I sterilised a couple of glass juice bottles to store the syrup in).
Store in the fridge.





Well I better get back to the kitchen, lemon syrup time and then I've got pies to bake- an apple, apple & berry, and a gramma... That should keep me busy and while they're in the oven I'll relax with the August issue of Country Style that just arrived in the mailbox today. With a beautiful heart cross-stitch cushion on the front, I can't wait to see what other lovelies await inside this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x