Saturday 4 May 2013

happenings.




three chooks became two this week. the smallest of the three became unwell: sitting on her own, no energy and within two days she died. she's buried under the apple tree. we really have no idea of the cause but we are missing her sweet little personality.

on the work front all is well. plenty of care plans, referrals, employment medicals and immunisations.

in other news it's been pretty quiet around home. i've cut out a third dress from an autumn inspired floral sheet but am yet to stitch it together. i've added some new op-shopped pieces to the decor: another vintage linen filled suitcase to the tower and some lovely woollen blankets. i also purchased a tan leather bag for $5 and it had its first outing today to the markets paired with jeans, thrifted coral hued shirt and my new moose and bird brooch. i'm still on the lookout for the perfect woollen cardigan to carry this outfit into winter.

as for the garden: the first beans are being harvested, they are deliciously crisp and sweet. none have made it into the kitchen yet, instead enjoyed standing next to the trellis enjoying the autumn sunshine on my back.

in the coming weeks i hope to get a bit more sewing done: more cushion covers and bunting, join in with the retro & vintage inspired: corner of my home link-up and share a collection of my collections with you.

what have you been up to this past week?

x

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your chook Zara. They are indeed fickle creatures, and rather short-lived. Be happy that she enjoyed a happy life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad about your chook Zara. Your outfit sounds lovely. I hope you can show a picture of your beans later, I am sure they will be delicious. Have a great week and I wish you all the best in your work, it is a wonderful career. Re the perfumes, your favourites sound nice and will sample them. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear....we lost a chook last week too - but our lady was elderly by chicken standards.
    I'm busy busy busy sewing costumes for the Mother's Day Talent Quest (an exclusive Norfolk Island event ,LOL). It's all tulle and sequins here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry chook news...I know what you mean about personalities, our chickens were all great characters..love your post, as always, you have always got lovely stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh so sorry to hear about your chook friend. I look fwd to seeing your dresses. I have plans to sew something for myself soonish. I need more hours in the day! Just wanted to share this link with you... http://plainjanecreations.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/sweater-bed-for-our-cat.html I thought of you when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your chicken! Hope the others will be alright!
    Your outfit sounds lovely! Perhaps your need to knit yourself the perfect cardigan? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a busy girl! Sorry to hear about your chook tho. (i did think that it read cook and wondered why you would bury a cook under the apple tree....i've been up all night!!)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zara. Thank you for including a photo of my brooch. I'm so glad you like it and that it has already been out and about. Have a lovely week. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it is sad when chickens die. I find I really enjoy their presence amongst our fruit trees, and all in cahoots with the ducks. We recently had some heavy fox activity and lost many chickens. Our kids cried as they learned their favourites had gone. They're not very smart and not very charming but there is something very endearing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your chook. we lost Pricess Layer at Easter and Ruby is looking unwell now. Maybe it is the encroaching winter thnat sorts out the weaker girls. We can't figure it out either.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x