Monday 23 March 2015

butter and buntings dress swap


have you popped by Taz's blog butter and buntings lately? if not you may have missed the handmade dress swap she is currently hosting. If you're handy with a sewing machine (even if only at a basic level) or know someone that can sew for you, you can join in. and if you don't feel up to making a dress you can also join in by making and swapping a skirt instead.
I think a simple shift style dress is perfect for this swap. something with only a couple of pattern pieces and the sizing is fairly forgiving too.

think of all the possibilities... using a vintage sheet or tablecloth, adding pockets maybe made from doilies, or adding a lace or pom pom trim around the hem

also you there's still time to get involved in my vintage sheet FQ swap 2015. you can find all the details here.

hope this week is a lovely one. x

2 comments:

  1. oh thanks for sharing my dear, and im going to send the sheets this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure anyone would be happy to receive one of your handmade dresses Zara. I think it's a great idea but I'd be worried my sewing wasn't good enough for a dress swap. I'm keen to see the dresses that do get swapped though.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x